Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why I'm going to homeschool Part 1

Yes you read correctly, I am going to home school my 6-year-old daughter. The first question I get after I tell someone that I'm going to home school is Why? (Imagine their shocked face.) Then I have to think, do I tell them the long answer or the short. Today I'm going to start out with the short answer and then when I have time I give write down the LONG answer.

I am home schooling because I know that for right now, in my life, it is the best choice for my daughter and my family. I know the Lord has been preparing me for the past year to accept this challenge. In the past I've either been unwilling or not ready to accept the challenge to home school. Through hours of research, pondering and praying there is no doubt in my mind that I will be home schooling my daughter this Fall. Knowing what I know now I cannot and will not send my daughter to First grade in the public schools.

No comments: